About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, December 30, 2011

Books I Read in 2011...

The Nester is doing a link-up over the next couple of days for everyone to share the books they read in 2011.  I LOVED looking back through my bookshelf at all the books I read this past year as I made this list.  I'm also loving reading others' lists to help me plan what I want to read in 2012.


What I Read: My Favorites

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I couldn't put these books down.  I recommended them to my mom and she had the same problem.  If you haven't read them yet, you definitely, definitely should! 
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Burrows
This story takes place mostly on the island of Guernsey during the German Occupation and the time immediately following and is told in the form of letters sent back and forth between the characters.  A unique and fascinating read.
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The King's Speech: How One Man Saved the British Monarchy by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi
The movie was based on this book, which was written by Lionel Logue's grandson.

What I Read: The Others 

Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
Incendiary by Chris Cleave
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley
Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
Sex on the Moon by Ben Mezrich
Room by Emma Donoghue
Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
Something Blue by Emily Griffin
Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner

What I'm Reading:

A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley
With a Measure of Grace: The Story and Recipes of a Small Town Restaurant by Blake Spalding and Jennifer Castle


What I Want to Read in 2012:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
11/22/63 by Stephen King

Books I Want to Read Again in 2012:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

What books have you read the past year? What do you plan to read in the new year?  Head over to The Nester and link up!

1 comment:

  1. yay you rock--im always looking for new books
    i read the help
    loved it
    i too want to reread the girl with... books
    just saw the movie
    loved it
    want to see the original
    i should look at what else i read this year--read a ton of memoirs. and some fiction. pretty good stuff--ill get back to you
    currently reading Oxygen, by Carol Cassella. Pretty good so far

    ReplyDelete