About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken and Black Beans

This is such an easy and delicious way to cook chicken.  It only uses 4 ingredients, and the slow cooker does all the work.  Just dump everything in, walk away and six hours later you have perfect shredded chicken and black beans, which you can use as a base for so many different meals.  We made taco salads with the shredded chicken on top, but you could  make tacos or quesadillas or burritos.  The possibilities are endless.





Slower Cooker Chicken and Black Beans


1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. organic salsa
1 can black beans, drained
2 scallions, chopped

Put all four ingredients in the crock pot.  I put the beans in first, then added the chicken, poured the salsa over the chicken, and topped everything with the scallions.


Cook on low for 6 hours.

After 6 hours in the crock pot, the chicken will pretty much fall apart on its own.

For our taco salad, I served the chicken and beans on a bed of butter lettuce and radicchio, then added heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips on top.  For the dressing, I drizzled some of the leftover salsa over top everything.


Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment