About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Home Tour

I'm linking with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner today to welcome you into our home this Christmas.  So come on in and take a look around...


This is the Christmas tree we used when we were living in NYC (hence the size), but even though we have enough space for a bigger (and real!) tree this year, we decided to stick with this one for one more year.  So much easier to decorate!  I got the idea to put it on a small table from Pinterest.  We have a set of nesting side tables in our living room, so I just used the smaller table for the tree.  I think it turned out really nice (and it gives off the illusion that the tree is bigger than it really is.  Score.)





These are some of my favorite ornaments.  The one in the middle is our Christmas ornament from this year.  If you know B, you know why this is perfect for him.  Plus, it goes along with his Christmas gift.  The last ornament is an imprint of Mackie's paw that my sister and I made with him a couple of Christmases ago.


My mom gave me these snowmen a couple of years ago, and this year they have been working hard protecting my mint M&Ms.  Wish they'd stop me from eating them.


I got these festive pillows at Target.  Mack loves the pillows.  And the pillows love Mack's hair.  I swear they are dog hair magnets.


Isn't this dish towel great?  I got it this year at Crate and Barrel.




A few years back, my mom started the tradition of giving me a new Snow Babies figurine each Christmas.  I love getting these out every year.  They're not only beautiful, but they remind me of my sweet mama. 



Love these red, white and green salt shakers on our kitchen table.


Christmas cards!  Receiving (and giving) Christmas cards is one of my favorite things about the season.   I got the idea from Pinterest to tape all the Christmas cards you receive on the wall in the shape of a Christmas tree.  Ours is a work in progress...


Our holiday decorating style is definitely minimalist at best, but we think its just right for us.  Plus, there's less to put up after the holidays are over!  Hope you enjoyed your look around!  

How are you decorating this year?

Kelly's Korner

No comments:

Post a Comment