About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, December 23, 2011

Hello Dollie Bars



One of my favorite Christmas memories with my mom is baking holiday cookies.  For as long as I can remember, she has been making the same cookies, and none of us would have it any other way.  We all have our favorite that it just wouldn't be the holidays without.  After my mom's baking adventures this year, I jokingly mentioned how I wouldn't be upset if some of those sweets made it all the way to California.  Well, guess what arrived at my door this past Monday.  Yep, you guessed it.  I have the best parents.



My favorite?

Hello Dollie Bars

So sweet.  So delicious. SO easy to make.

If you still need something sweet to take with you to family get-togethers over the next few days, look no further.  This is it.  I made some just for you, to show you how truly easy they are to make.  Now, if you would just come help me eat them!!

Hello Dollie Bars

1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
6 oz. chocolate chips
6 oz. butterscotch chips (this is my favorite part)
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened, condensed milk (my mom suggests using Eagle Brand)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Melt the butter in a 7 x 10 baking dish.  The size is important, don't use a bigger pan!

Pour the graham crackers crumbs in the dish and mix with the butter.  Press the graham cracker mixture down and up around the sides of the dish.



Now we just add layers, so evenly pour on the chocolate chips.


Then, the butterscotch chips.


Then, the walnuts.


Last, drizzle the sweetened, condensed milk evenly over top.  Stay away from the edges so that yours bars are easier to remove.  (This is a lesson learned from my own baking adventure!)


Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.  Cool slightly and then cut, but do not remove from the pan until completely cooled.


Hope these help make your holidays a little bit sweeter!






No comments:

Post a Comment