About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Blooper

Our weekend started out with a bit of an unexpected twist.  I ended up having to give B his Christmas present.  (I still have a few small things planned to give him, but this was the main event.)  Yes, I know Christmas is still like three weeks away, and yes, I AM very impatient when it comes to giving gifts (I just get so excited), but that is not why Christmas came a little early this year.  Here's why:


DO YOU SEE HOW BIG THAT BOX IS?  SERIOUSLY?! I mean, honestly, I could have fit inside of it.  Oh, and did I mention it weighed a ton.  Where in the world did I ever think I was going to hide that? I couldn't even move it inside myself.   Great planning, Amanda.

Not to mention that the night before I had a dream that this exact thing happened.  Well, in the dream the grill actually came in like 50 different boxes, with each part labeled on the outside of the box, and B was the one that opened the door.  But, the reality wasn't that much different.  Instead of 50 boxes, there was just one, the size of 50 huge boxes put together and the stinking thing was labeled.  I couldn't stop laughing the minute I opened the door.  When B asked if I could just hide it in the closet, I started laughing so hard I was crying.  I couldn't stop laughing long enough to formulate an actual plan, and I certainly didn't have anywhere to hide that mammoth box, so I asked B to come to the entrance, shouted Merry Christmas, and told him to open the door.

Oh well.  Guess that just means that we get to enjoy B's grill at little bit sooner, and enjoy it we did!  Here's B cooking  on his grill for the first time this weekend.


And here's what he made. Yum, yum, yum.


He, of course, loved the gift and was such a good sport about getting his present so early, so it all turned out just right in the end!





No comments:

Post a Comment