About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Parmesan-Lemon Roasted Broccoli


One of B's favorite vegetables is broccoli.  He seriously eats it 2-3 times a week.  I like broccoli, but it's not my favorite vegetable ever, so I'm always looking for different ways to cook it.  I found this recipe a few years back in one of the Barefoot Contessa's cookbooks, and I've since adapted it slightly to fit our taste.  Parmesan-lemon roasted broccoli is such a simple and tasty side dish to add to any meal.  Plus, it's good for you!

Parmesan-Lemon Roasted Broccoli

2-3 cups broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
the zest of 1 lemon

1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon)
Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

On a cookie sheet, spread the broccoli florets in a single layer.  Sprinkle the garlic and olive oil over top.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Toss everything together and bake for 20-25 minutes.


Once the broccoli is cooked, add the lemon zest and lemon juice over top the broccoli.  Finally, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Add as much or as little as you like.  Toss everything together one more time and you're ready to serve.


This recipe serves 2-3 people.

Adapted from Barefoot Contessa's Back to the Basics


No comments:

Post a Comment