About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Paul and Kelsey's Wedding Part 1


We had such a fun time celebrating the wedding of my brother Paul and his now-wife Kelsey a couple of weeks ago in Kelsey's hometown of Chagrin Falls, Ohio.  Chagrin Falls is such cute little town.  B and I also had such a great time getting to see family and friends who traveled all the way from Virginia to celebrate along with everyone. When you live all the way across the country from all your family {and most of your friends} these moments together are even more special.

Friday started out with a Bridesmaid luncheon at a long-time Chagrin Falls local eatery called the Gamekeeper's Taverne.  We had a delicious and relaxing lunch outside in the shade, and received these stunning earrings to wear with our dresses for the wedding...




We also got some really cute, homemade flip-flops to dance the night away at the reception. {My feet were very grateful for this gift, in particular}  Thanks again, Kels.


Kelsey's bridesmaids

All the "Robinette" ladies

After a quick afternoon rehearsal, we headed to the rehearsal dinner.  My mom had been preparing for MONTHS and MONTHS for this dinner.  And, wow, did her hard work ever pay off.  It was truly one of the best rehearsal dinners I've ever attended.  My brother is a country-boy at heart, so the setting of the dinner was at a local fly fishing club called The Pine Lake Trout Club.


My mom decided on a country-rustic theme for the decorations and dinner to go along with the setting, and she did a spectacular job.  She {along with some help from a very special family friend, who also directed my wedding} planned and executed everything themselves from the table decorations to designing the menu.  The only thing she didn't do was the cooking {of course}.  I'm so proud of her and how everything turned out.

My sister's boyfriend Randy even helped out by painting this sign.



My mom made these napkin rings, engraving the wood chips herself.

Yes, there was even corn hole.  My brother made this set, and his mother-in-law made the corn bags.

Oh yeah, and the food was pretty spectacular, too.  Here's what we ate...

Pulled pork and pulled chicken 
3 different barbecue sauces 
{my mom brought these from a favorite local barbecue restaurant, Bastian's, back in our hometown}
Rolls
Cole Slaw
Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese
Roosevelt Baked Beans 
{this is actually my recipe that I'll share with you all at some point...so good}
Corn on the Cob
Sauteed Veggies
Pecan Pie
Strawberry Shortcake
{both of the desserts were served in mini Mason jars...so cute}



My mom even provided the drinks: local wines from some favorite vineyards in Virginia and North Carolina and Great Lakes Brewing Company beer, a Ohio favorite.  



We ended the night toasting the couple, and loading up my parent's car in a monsoon.  Check out our makeshift ponchos :)

Excuse the blur.

Truly an amazing night, and a great way to kick-off the wedding weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Nancy Louise did a fantastic job on the rehearsal dinner. It was a perfect evening!
    Nancy Lou

    ReplyDelete