About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Creamy Cauliflower Puree


As promised, here is my recipe for creamy cauliflower puree.  I've made several different/ similar recipes, and this is by far the most delicious.  I originally found the recipe here, and I pretty much stick to it, minus a tweak here or there.

You can make and eat this puree with anything that you would normally serve with mashed potatoes.  Just know that the consistency is smoother and looser than the typical mashed potatoes.

Creamy Cauliflower Puree

1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut off the florets
2 scallions, whole
3-4 garlic cloves, whole
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp. butter
salt
pepper

Fill a large saucepan a little less than 1/2 way full with water.  Add the cauliflower florets, scallions, and garlic cloves, and bring to a boil.  Turn the heat down to medium, put the lid on the pot, and allow the cauliflower to cook until fork-tender.  

Drain the cauliflower, scallions and garlic, and add to a blender. Once the florets are almost completely pureed, add the buttermilk, butter, and salt and pepper to taste.  Blend again until completely smooth.

Serve immediately.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment