About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Lemony Asparagus and Potatoes



I know I say this about a lot of the meals I cook, but this is SUCH an easy meal.  I finally got around to cooking this dish last night {it had been one of those dishes on my menu for a couple of weeks!}, and I'm so glad I did.  Quick, simple and delicious.  If you left out the potatoes {and maybe substituted some crusty bread on the side}, you could even call this recipe a one-pot meal.  And, those truly are the best.  Aren't they?  I used dried herbs to crust the pork tenderloin, but you could, of course, use fresh herbs instead.  The recipe that I used as a guide suggests fresh thyme and parsley.  I thought it was just as delicious {and definitely faster} to just sprinkle on some dried herbs, so that's what I did!

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Lemony Asparagus and Potatoes

1-1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes, quartered
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin
Herbes de Provence
1 bunch asparagus
1 lemon, sliced


Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

On a baking sheet,  toss together the potatoes, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper {to taste}, and spread out evenly.  Roast the potatoes until tender and browned for about 20-25 minutes.  Toss the potatoes once in the middle of the cooking process, so that they get evenly browned on all sides.

While the potatoes are cooking, rub the pork tenderloin with a generous amount and salt and pepper.  Sprinkle on top the herbs you are using.  If you are using dry herbs, remember that they are stronger than fresh.  Just give the tenderloin a light and even coating.  Don't over due it!  If you are using fresh herbs, try 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley and 2 tbsp. of chopped, fresh thyme leaves.  

Once you have about 10 minutes left on the potatoes, in a large skillet {I used my cast iron skillet, but you can use any type as long as it's oven-proof}, heat 1 tbsp. of oil and brown the pork tenderloin on all sides for about 8 to 10 minutes.  

Remove the tenderloin from the heat and add the trimmed asparagus on both sides of the meat.  Place the lemon slices on top of the asparagus.  Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil over the asparagus and add a light layer of salt and pepper to the veggies. 



Remove the potatoes from the oven.  Place them somewhere they will remain warm.  Put the skillet with the meat and veggies in the oven, and cook for another 10-12 minutes.  

Once the pork is cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.  During this time add the potatoes into the skillet along with the asparagus, and gently toss everything together.  This will give the potatoes some yummy lemon flavor too!  

Recipe adapted from Real Simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment