About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, August 17, 2012

32 Weeks



Some 32 Week Highlights:

* Baby H is now the size of a squash, and growing bigger everyday!


*He is now officially head down {and hopefully will stay that way}! When I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago, I was having some pretty bad muscles pains on my right side, and sure enough Baby H was transverse (meaning sideways}.  Thanks goodness he's shifted around a bit!

*I'm getting very anxious about finishing the nursery.  We are still waiting on the chair to arrive.  Hopefully, it will be here next week.  And, then we can really get down to work.  I'm hoping to have everything complete by the end of my mom's visit in two weeks.

*I'm still, thankfully, sleeping really well.  It takes me a little while to get comfortable, and I wake up a million times to use the bathroom, but always fall right back to sleep :)

*We've begun interviewing pediatricians.  Two down, one to go.  Still no standout favorite, but I'm holding out hope that the last one we're interviewing will be "the one"!

*My favorite moment of last week was the sushi chef at our favorite neighborhood sushi spot asking when the baby was due, and proceeding to disagree with me when I told him October, insisting, "You look ready now."  Slow down, Toshi! :)

8 weeks to go!!

2 comments:

  1. You look great Amanda! I got to catch up with your parents a few weeks back. They were camping at Alta Mons and my parents were up there and we happened to go up for the day. Good luck with baby's arrival!! Such an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! My mom mentioned that they saw you all too, and she said you all were doing great. So glad to hear that :)

    ReplyDelete