About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maui Part 1: Our Hotel


Waaaaay back in May, B and I visited the beautiful island of Maui to celebrate the upcoming birth of our little man and B's 30th birthday.  This was our second time visiting the Hawaiian islands, but our first time on Maui.  We stayed on the western side of the island in Ka'anapali at the Sheraton Maui Resort.  When we visited Kaui a few years back, we stayed in a small condo through a home-away website and had a fabulous experience, but this time we wanted to stay somewhere right on the beach where we could be pampered, and somewhere that offered activities, relaxation, and entertainment without having to go anywhere.  The hotel was located right alongside Ka'anapali Beach and the famous Black Rock {a popular place to cliff dive, if you're up for it}.



The view from our hotel room lanai.

There was some pretty incredible scuba diving at the beach right in front of our hotel.  The first day we were there we saw a humongous sea turtle while scuba diving.  Such an incredible sight, and such an incredible memory.  If only I'd had an underwater camera!

We also spent many sunsets sipping cocktails and enjoying the beauty around us at the beachside bar.  My "cocktail" consisted of a fruit smoothie full of strawberries, raspberries, and most importantly pineapple. Yummmmmm.  There was a nightly "professional" cliff dive that would take place at sunset.  However, the only night that we were actually there when the dive was supposed to take place, the diver forgot to show up!

At the Cliff Dive Bar




That's the Black Rock that is jutting out into the ocean.

We did in fact, explore much of the westside of Maui outside of our hotel {which I'll talk about in my next post}, but we also spent a few glorious days simply relaxing in a cabana on the beach at our hotel.  These were truly some of my favorite days.






No comments:

Post a Comment