About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Road Trip: Day One


After spending over 3 hours with the movers yesterday (ugh!), we finally left on our road trip across the country (and to our new home!) early in the afternoon.  It was definitely hard to say goodbye to NYC.  It's been our home for almost five years, and we have so many great memories there.  But we already have a trip planned to return in November, so I think that helped make it a little easier to say goodbye.

I meant to post a couple of days ago and fill you all in where all we are headed during our trip, but things have been a little hectic with saying our goodbyes, packing, etc., etc.  So, I'll do that now and then share with you a little about the trip yesterday. 

Here's the plan:

Day 1: Salem, VA (stopover to see my wonderful parents)
Day 2: Davidson, NC (staying with my best friend Jess and her husband Steve)
Day 3 and 4: Atlanta, GA (checking out our friend Brooks' new home and catching the Texas-OU game)
Day 5: Baton Rouge, LA (staying with B's Aunt Margot and Uncle Larry)
Day 6: Austin, TX (no road trip would be complete without a visit to our favorite city!)
Day 7: Lubbock, TX (apparentely Buddy Holly was born here....fascinating, I know)
Day 8: Santa Fe, NM (this is the only state we've never been to before...very exciting)
Day 9: Grand Canyon, AZ
Day 10: LOS ANGELES!!

After passing through six different states yesterday (NY, NJ, PA, MD, WV, and VA), we arrived in Salem late last night.  I'm pretty sure my dad was knocked out cold before we got there, but being the trooper he is, he woke up, put on his shoes and came out to Mac n' Bob's (one of our favorite local restaurants) to watch us eat dinner and have a drink. 

This morning I'm hanging out with my mom, while B's sleeping in a little bit.  We're going to hit the road again in a couple of hours and stop by High Point, NC to see my sister and take her to lunch before continuing on to Davdison to see Jess and Steve.  I promise to take pictures today.

My goal is to try and share with you all a little about the trip each day, so that you all can join in the fun with us.  So, keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. You're not stopping in Vegas? Haha I guess you'll have plenty of time for Vegas living in LA :) I'm super jealous! Have fun on your road trip. I really enjoyed mine. Good luck in La La Land!!

    ReplyDelete