About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Road Trip: Day Six

After leaving Baton Rouge, our next stop was Austin!  Brad went to grad school at UT, and ever since then we have been in love with all things Austin.  On our way into Austin, we passed some of the fields that were affected by the wildfires this summer.  Devastating to see.


We got into Austin in the late afternoon, so we settled Mack into the hotel, gave him a bath because he was starting to stink up the car, and then headed out to get a drink at a new bar that B wanted to take me to called Lustre Pearl.  What a great place.  The back of the bar looks like someone's backyard that they converted to a bar.  Delicious (and cheap) drinks.  Perfectly Austin.






After drinks, we met up with B's friend Courtney from grad school and her husband Eric for dinner at Lamberts for barbecue.  While we waited for Courtney and Eric, we ordered to the green chili queso.  Yum, yum, yum.  There's nothing quite like queso in Texas.  Nothing.  For dinner I had brisket, collard greens, and pinto beans.  Everything was delicious, but I could have eaten bowls and bowls of the collard greens. I think it was the ham hock they were cooked in that made them so good :)



After dinner, we went to bed so that we could get up early the next morning to walk around the UT campus before leaving for Lubbock.  We brought Mack with us as we walked around.  As always, he was a hit.  We were hoping to run into the real Mack Brown.  No such luck.




We were sad to leave Austin, but we're definitely looking forward to getting to LA.  See you soon, Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment