About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

In my last post, I talked about how excited I am to start exploring all that California has to offer.  Well, I started this weekend...with a trip to a pumpkin patch!


Ever since summer ended, I've talking about finding a pumpkin patch once we got to LA where we could spend a fun fall afternoon.  Not just any pumpkin patch would do, however.  I wanted one where I could pick my own pumpkin and truly experience the tastes and flavors of fall.  There are tons of places to get pumpkins and plenty of fall festivals taking place all over LA, but I wanted the real experience...farm and all.  Not very me, I know, but we all like to step outside of our comfort zone every once in a while.  Right?

We finally found a place about 45 miles outside of the city in Moorpark and decided to go this past Sunday.  We went early in the afternoon and had so much fun!  The farm puts on a fall festival every year during the entire month of October, so there was tons to do from a pick-your-own-produce field and a corn maize to pig racing and pumpkin launching games.  We were probably the only couple there without children, but we still had a blast.






We had lunch.


Purchased some yummy pumpkin bread.


Bought some farm-fresh produce.


And, of course, picked out pumpkins.  We even got Mack a little one :)


All in all, it was the perfect fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment