About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Road Trip: Day Nine

Our last stop before Los Angeles was in Arizona to see the Grand Canyon.  We had to go about an hour out of our way to get there, but it was DEFINITELY worth it!



Our drive through Arizona was beautiful.  B and I are still in awe of this amazing country that we live in.  We definitely spent a good portion of the journey gawking at the beauty surrounding us, but at least it helped pass the time driving!



Mack also enjoyed the drive through Arizona.


After dropping Mack off at the hotel, we headed into the national park to see the Canyon.  It was truly amazing.  My favorite part of the Canyon was how when you are approaching the rim you are surrounded by forest trees and animals until all of a sudden the scenery changes and you are standing at the edge of one of the greatest natural wonders of the world.  The drastic change is incredible.  (FYI: We were on the south rim of the Canyon.)







We had an early dinner at a restaurant in the park called The Arizona Room. B and I both had delicious honey-balsamic glazed NY strip steaks, but the best part of the dinner was the view.  Our table looked out over the Canyon.  Definitely the best dinnertime view we had the entire trip.

Our stay was short in the park because we had to get to bed early to head out on our last leg of the trip the next day, but I feel so blessed that we had the opportunity to go even for a short time.  We can't wait to go back!

Next stop: LA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment