About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, October 10, 2011

Road Trip: Day Five


After leaving Atlanta, we finally started traveling west (yay!) to Baton Rouge.  B's Aunt Margot and Uncle Larry live there, so we stayed with them for the night.  They have an adorable toy poodle named Georgie who Mack had a blast with.  We were a little nervous they might not get along, but they, thankfully, exceeded all of our expectations.  Here are a couple pictures of Mack and Georgie playing.





We stayed in for dinner and Uncle Larry made us a home-cooked meal.  Such a treat after eating out for the past five days.  We had fresh Louisiana crab claw meat with homemade cocktail sauce, burgers on the grill and German potato salad.  Sooooo good.  Thanks again for cooking, Uncle Larry!

After dinner we spent some time catching up with Brad's aunt and uncle, watched a little of the Packers-Falcons game, and then got in bed early (for once!).  It was a short visit, but so great to get to spend time with (some of) the Yuspeh family!

Aunt Margot took this picture before we left this morning .
Quick side note:  I haven't talked much about Mack's best friend, Bear Bear on this blog, but those of you who know Mack know about his love affair with his stuffed bear.  You also know how mangled Bear Bear has gotten over the years.  I've tried to fix it many times, however, sewing is not my forte.  Last night, Aunt Margot offered to fix Bear Bear up after seeing the condition he was in.  Being one to never pass up someone else's offer to sew for me, I, of course, took her up on the offer and thank goodness I did!  Bear Bear has never looked so good.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Aunt Margot!

No comments:

Post a Comment