About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Road Trip: Day Two


We only visited one state on Thursday (North Carolina), but we did manage to visit three different cities (High Point, Kannapolis, and Davidson) and see a lot of family and friends. 

Our first stop in High Point, NC was to see my sister Sarah and to show Brad the High Point University Campus, which, by the way, is one of the most impressive campuses I’ve seen in a long time.  We took Sarah out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant where Mack could eat outside with us, and then Sarah showed Brad around the campus.  Brad’s favorite part by far was the game room in the University Center.  We barely got him to leave.


It was a beautiful, fall day, so we walked the dog with us around the campus.  He had a lot of admirers.  Sarah found the free ice cream truck.  I'm so glad this didn't exist at W&L.  I would have been so fat!


Here’s a picture of Sarah and I in the giant rocking chairs on campus.  In case you didn’t know (and quite honestly, why would you?) High Point, NC is the furniture capital of the world, so these giant rocking chairs oddly enough seem very appropriate.


After leaving my sister, we headed to Kannapolis to see Brad’s cousins Lisa and Angela and two of Lisa’s little girls, Anna and Isabel.   It was a short stop, but it was so good to see them all.  The girls are adorable and they loved playing with Mack.  They have a huge fenced in backyard, so Mack enjoyed playing with them as well.

Our last stop of the day was Davidson.  My good friend Jess just began her first year as a professor of psychology at Davidson College.  Yeah, she’s awesome.   We went on our second college tour of the day and got to see Jess’ office and lab.  Here’s a picture of Jess and me outside her office door, and a picture of Brad goofing on in Jess’ lab.



We ate a delicious dinner at a place called Flatiron, and headed home just in time watch the Yankees lose.  A sad end to a great day. 



The next morning we went to breakfast quickly with Steve before setting out on the road for Atlanta.  Thanks again Jess and Steve for letting us stay with you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment