About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Santa Barbara Wine Tour

Our good friends Jeremy and Danijela came to visit the fist week of January, and to celebrate, we decided to make a short day trip to Santa Barbara and take a wine tour.  SO.MUCH.FUN.

We hired a limousine for the day and rode around visiting different wineries.


We picked up lunch at a local sandwich shop and had lunch (and wine!) at one of the many vineyards on our list.



We cheers'd to friendship.


We took blurry pictures.  


And, we ended the night in Santa Barbara with one of the best dinners I've had in a long time.



I also learned a few things along the way:

1.  I could happily spend the rest of my life living/ working on a vineyard.
2. Wine tours are way more fun when you hire someone to drive you around. Yay for Jerry.
2.  My new favorite wine is a Roussanne.  It's a white wine with both the fresh, fruity elements of a white and the  rich, body of a red.  Try this wine.  It's a revelation.
3. Duck ravioli is ahhhh-mazing.  So rich. So decadent. So wish I had some right now.
4. California gets more and more beautiful the more we explore it. Truly.


Santa Barbara, I can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment