About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paprika & Chili-Spiced Pork Chops

This is such a simple and delicious dinner.  Plus, you can have it ready in less than 30 minutes.  Great for a quick weeknight meal.

I used boneless pork chops, but this rub and cooking method would also work with bone-in pork chops, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or a good white fish like tilapia.

The broccoli I made on the side was divine as well.  I actually just made it again last night with another meal.  It's that good.

Paprika & Chili-Spiced Pork Chops


1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless pork chops {about 1 1/2 inches thick}
1 tsp. paprika {I used smoked paprika, but regular works as well}
1/2 tsp. chili powder
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.  Let the pan get really hot before you put the meat in, so that the meat will brown properly.

Salt and pepper the chops and then rub with the paprika and chili powder.  When the skillet is hot, add the pork chops, and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.


Transfer the pan to the oven and cook all the way through, about 18-20.  {If your pork chops are only a bout an inch thick, reduce the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.}

While the pork chops are cooking make the broccoli.  Take one head of broccoli, cut into florets, and add it to a medium-sized sauce pan along with 2 chopped garlic cloves, 1/3 cup of water and 2 tbsp. soy sauce.  Cook over medium-high heat with the lid on for about 5 minutes, and you'll have the perfect compliment to your spiced pork chops!

Source: adapted from Real Simple Dinner Tonight: Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment