About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp


This recipe has been making the rounds on Pinterest, and it looked too good to pass up, so I made it the other day.  And, wow.  It is so easy and so good.  Plus, you can do a million things with the shrimp once you cook them.  I just cut open two avocados and filled them with the shrimp to make little "shrimp boats," but the possibilities are endless.  Such a good recipe to have in your back pocket.

Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp


1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon zested, cut in half and sliced in wedges
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs
sea salt and fresh black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1 lb. fresh, medium-sized shrimp, deveined (I left the tails on to lock in some moisture, but you can pull them off before cooking as well)
5 garlic cloves, crushed

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In an 8x8 baking dish, add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon slices, thyme sprigs, sea salt and black pepper.  {I actually used a 8x11 baking dish, and it worked just fine.} The olive oil should cover the entire bottom of the pan, so add a little more if necessary.   Roast in  the oven for 10-12 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven and add the butter.  Once the butter is melted and incorporated with the olive oil, add the shrimp.  Mix everything together, and pop the pan back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and their tails begin to curl.  Check back often, so that you don't overcook your shrimp.


Remove the shrimp from the oven and serve with pasta/ rice/ couscous/  avocado....really anything works!

Source: very slightly adapted from Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment