About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Place

I LOVE trying out new restaurants wherever I ago.  Admittedly, I often plan my trips around the food more than anything else.  {Sad, but true.}  But every once in a while, I come across a gem that was off my radar.  I find that rarely do I love restaurants when they are just picked on a whim, but there are always the exceptions.

Old Place is one of the exceptions.  Last Saturday, B and I headed out of the city toward Malibu to scope out some wineries for my parents' visit in a couple of weeks.  One of the wineries we visited was a place called Cornell Winery & Tasting Room in Agoura Hills.  We were instantly charmed.





Unfortunately, the tasting room was unable to serve wine that day due to an issue with the state, but we were told to head to the restaurant next door {Old Place} where we would be able to have a glass of wine.  Of course, we followed orders and, boy, am I glad we did because apparently we stumbled upon a local favorite, and for good reason.



Not only was the decor of the restaurant warm and inviting, but the food was delicious.  B got a steak sandwich cooked on the fire pit out back with the butteriest, creamiest noodle bake on the side, and I had a wild mushroom and goat cheese frittata served in a cast iron skillet with sourdough toast on the side slathered in the most delicious salty butter ever.




Our lunch was amazing, but we were told that dinner is even better.  I'm thinking we'll be making a return trip very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment