About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lobster and a Wedding

This past weekend Brad and I attended a wedding for our friends Hoolie and Natalie in York Beach, Maine.  What a beautiful state!  I already knew I loved Maine for its lobster, but I fell in further in love with Maine once I saw it.  From the rocky coasts to the pristine, blue water, I truly fell head-over-heels.


Nubble Lighthouse (makes me think of Pete's Dragon)

The night that we arrived we went out to dinner with friends in search of LOBSTER.  We ended up at a Fox's Lobster House which is located right across from the lighthouse pictured above.  We all ordered the Lobster Shore Dinner which included clam chowder, Maine steamers, lobster (your choice of size), and choice of two sides (I had a baked potato and corn on the cob).  Everything was so delicious and so affordable!



After dinner, we went to a local dairy bar (that's what they call their ice cream shops) called Brown's Old Fashioned Ice Cream.  Brad and I both got mint chocolate chip oreo.  Yummmmmm!


The next day was the wedding.  It took place at Greystone Manor in Cape Neddick, which is owned by the bride's father.  What an amazing home.


The groom is Indian, so the ceremony was a fusion of Indian (Hindu) and Western (Christian) wedding traditions.  

The grooms baraat
The mandap
Wedding favors
Such a beautiful wedding and a truly wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment