About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Jersey Wedding

This past weekend our friends Lindsay and Dan tied the knot!  They actually live right across the street from us (yes, this can happen even in New York City!), so we've been hearing a lot about this wedding for a while, and it was great to see everything come together.

The morning of the wedding, Brad and I got up early to explore the vast metropolis that is Stanhope, New Jersey.  We hit up WalMart, TJ Maxx and even had lunch at the Macaroni Grill, which Brad said I had to try because it's sooooo much better than the Olive Garden.  (I'm still not convinced.  How can you say no to unlimited salad and breadsticks?!)  But, the best part of the morning was definitely our visit to Waterloo Village,  a historic village dating back to the 1800s.  We're total nerds, so we actually had a great time learning all about the Morris Canal and how the village served as an inland port connecting the Deleware and Hudson Rivers.  Here are some pictures of the village.





The wedding was held outdoors at the Crossed Keys Inn, and they could not have picked a more beautiful place to get married.  We had a blast eating, drinking and dancing our faces off!






My favorite part of the wedding, by far, was the unique place cards, that also doubled as favors.  We sat at the Basil Table.  Check it out.



I can't wait to use my new herbs (yes, that's plural because I "stole" someone's unclaimed rosemary before leaving) in my kitchen!  Fingers crossed that the hour of sunlight that actually peaks into our apartment each day will keep the plants alive and thriving!! I'm not very optimistic, but here's to trying!

Overall, a great weekend and a beautiful wedding!  Mazel Tov, Lindsay and Dan!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post, Amanda! I'm going to send it to Dan as well. I had no idea you guys visited Waterloo Village-- that's awesome. Appreciate your kind words about the wedding--especially the herbs!! :) See you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete