About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Easiest 5 Ingredient Marinade



This is my go-to marinade when I want to add a kick of flavor to a steak before grilling.  It's sweet and tangy and simple to throw together.  I usually use the marinade on either skirt steak or flank steak, but it would work well on any type of red meat.

This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food: Great Food Fast cookbook.

Easy Lime Marinade

1/3 c. fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. peeled & minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes


In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.  Stir everything together.


Pour the marinade into a a resealable plastic bag.  Add the meat and allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Heat the grill to medium high.  Remove the steak from the marinade, season lightly with salt and pepper (keep in mind the soy sauce contains a lot of salt already), and cook the steak on the grill until desired doneness.  General rule of thumb says 6-8 minutes for a medium-rare skirt or flank steak.

Happy grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment