About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

36 Weeks


With only four weeks to go I feel like we've really entered the home stretch.  We still have lots of little things to do before his arrival {like get the car seat installed....which come think of it, isn't such a little thing}, but we are beyond excited to meet our little man soon!!


Week 36 Pregnancy Highlights:

*According to TheBump, Baby H is around the size of a honeydew this week.  And, according to the doctor yesterday, he's probably somewhere around 6 lbs. already, so he's right on track!

*Baby H continues to love my right side and camps out there most of the time.  I love feeling his little kicks and squirms, but this has brought back the side pain {which we now think is actually rib pain}, from time to time.  

*I've had some minor swelling in my feet, which I think has mostly been due to the heat, but overall nothing major, which is great!  My wedding rings have started to get a little tight and itchy {again...thank you heat}, so they are off for now, but hopefully they'll make a return soon.

*Since my last post, we were thrown an amazing surprise shower for Baby H {which you can read about here} and my mom came to visit a couple weeks ago and was a tremendous help in the nursery {you can read about her visit here}.  And, I'm ALMOST ready to reveal the nursery!

*I'm quickly running out of clothes that fit me.  Brad finds it amusing.  I do not.  Thank goodness for the few very long maternity tanks I have that help cover up what my shirts do not.

*Also, I'm obsessed with frosted mini wheats right now, preferably the Whole Foods brand.  Seriously, I could eat them for every meal, with or without milk, it makes no difference.  They. are. delicious.

*And of course, Baby H has been cheering his Horns onto victory the past two weeks along with mommy and daddy.  We can't wait until he's actually here to watch a game with us {and get all dressed up!}.  Hopefully, he'll be more of a football fan than Mack Brown!!  Hook 'em!



No comments:

Post a Comment