About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, September 7, 2012

Crispy Breaded Shrimp with Garlicky Beans


Here's another simple and delicious shrimp recipe.  This is one that I had almost forgotten about until yesterday, and when I rediscovered it, I knew immediately what I was going to make for dinner.  And, I'm so glad I did.  Thirty minutes, and you're done.  Perfection.

This recipe will serve 2 hungry people with some leftovers.  For 3-4 people, I would increase the amount of shrimp from 1 lb. to 1 1/2 lbs.  You should be able to leave the rest of the shrimp recipe the same.  You may want to double all of the ingredients for the garlicky beans.

Crispy Breaded Shrimp with Garlicky Beans

1 lb. medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp. herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 can of cannellini beans, drained
1/4 cup water
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4-5 oz. baby spinach


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly oil a medium-sized cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, add the shrimp, bread crumbs, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and 3 tbsp. oil.  Gently toss everything together, completely coating all the shrimp.  Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.  Cook the shrimp for 12 minutes.

While the shrimp are cooking, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.  Add the beans and water.  Cook for 3 minutes.  Once the liquid has slightly thickened, add the tomatoes.  Cook for another 2 minutes.  Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.  Add extra salt and pepper to taste.

Serve the shrimp and garlicky beans together immediately.

Recipe adapted from Real Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment