About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby H's Nautical Nursery


I'm finally ready to share pictures of Baby H's nursery with you!  I've had so much fun over past few months planning and putting together this special space for our boy, and I think he's really going to love it.

I currently have an obsession with the color blue, which helped lead me toward a nautical theme for the room, but I also wanted a color palette that could easily be reworked for a girl, if we are blessed with more babies down the road.  So I started with navy blue as my color inspiration, and the nautical theme just kind of fell into place from there.

I tried to create a warm and functional space for me, Brad, and the baby that looked like a nursery, but had elements that could also grow with Baby H into toddlerhood and even childhood.  Below the pictures at the bottom of the post I've included a guide with links to where we purchased most of the things you see in the nursery, just in case you love something you see!

Also, this post wouldn't be complete without another huge thank you to my mom.  This room truly wouldn't look the same without all her help.  Thanks again, Mom!!

Let me know what you think!














Yes, there is a missing rope letter on the wall.  I didn't want to give away his first name initial.
You'll just have to wait until he's born to find out :)

The king of the nursery. 

Quilt & Crib skirt: Harper Nursery Bedding Set, Pottery Barn Kids
Crib Sheet: Row Your Boat Crib Fitted Sheet, Pottery Barn Kids
Sailboat Mobile, Pottery Barn Kids {no longer available}
Rocker: Klaussner Marlowe Nursery Rocking Chair, Flores Surf, Baby Supermarket
Pillow: Handmade by my mom, fabric purchased from Mood, pillow insert from Ikea
Curtains: Henny Rand, Ikea
Bookshelves: Bekvam Spice Rack, Ikea {we painted them Marine Blue by Benjamin Moore}
Dresser: Catalina Dresser, Sun Valley Espresso, Pottery Barn Kids
Shelf: Hampton's Peg Rack, Pottery Barn Kids {no longer available}
Basket: Caitlin Tote Basket, World Market
Vintage Nautical Anchor Print, Little Red Flag, Etsy
Cross-stitch Sailboat picture & frame: handmade by Brad's mom, once hung in Brad's nursery :)
You Are My Sunshine Print, Lily Gene, Etsy
Sailboat, Hobby Lobby
Sailboat Wall Art {set of 4}, Paper Llamas, Etsy
Rope Letters, Alaska Rug Co., Etsy
Frames: World Market, Target & Amazon

*The bench, side table, cloth drawers, and lamps are all pieces of furniture we already owned.  Yay for repurposing!


No comments:

Post a Comment