About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thanks, Mom!


I have the most amazing mom.

She flew all the way out to California last week to help me finish prepping the nursery for Baby H's arrival, and I couldn't have been more thankful.  We literally worked on the nursery the entire time she was here, and I know she was exhausted, but she never complained once.

Thank goodness she came too because, I'm the first to admit, there are things that I'm good at, and there are things I'm not.  For example, I had a pretty exact vision for the nursery and how I wanted it organized, but many of the projects I had planned were only made possible by my mother.  Somehow the crafty gene slipped right on past me.  I can't sew, I hate painting, and hanging things on a wall...forget about it.  Mom to the rescue, in all categories.

While she was here we designed, and she sewed a pillow for the bench in the nursery.

The fabric we chose

Mom hard at work

She painted and hung shelves for books.

Mom hard at work {again}

Me "supervising" and avoiding the pain fumes

She hemmed and hung curtains.

She hung pictures.  

She rearranged furniture.  

We washed loads of baby clothes, and blankets, and burp pads, and bibs.  We put together overly complicated baby gear.  We laughed.  We talked.  We made memories.  We truly had a great time.  And, we ALMOST completed the nursery.  I just have a few finishing touches to add before it will be ready for its blog reveal!

So, thank you again for coming, Mom.  Brad and I are beyond grateful for your help.  Baby H's nursery truly wouldn't be the same without you.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment