About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Good Cause: Ringgold Reads


In my blog-stalking yesterday, I came across a really good cause that I wanted to share with you all.  

Ringgold Reads was first originally created by book blogger, Julie at BookHooked, and southern author Susan Gregg Gilmore.  Here's the description about Ringgold Reads from their Facebook page:

Ringgold Reads is a group of authors, readers, and bloggers who came together after the devastating tornadoes that destroyed large portions of Ringgold, GA on April 27, 2011. This represents a long-term effort to rebuild the community with a particular emphasis on Ringgold Middle School and Ringgold High School. We are embracing this opportunity to rebuild and rehabilitate our community with an emphasis on literacy and the joy of reading and writing.

Book Donations May Be Mailed to:
MARK PIERCE, RHS ENGLISH DEPARTMENT HEAD
29 TIGER TRAIL
RINGGOLD, GA 30736

There is a list of the books needed on their Facebook page and on Julie's blog.  They are accepting new or used books right off your bookshelf.  Check it out and see what you can do to help!




No comments:

Post a Comment