About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cherry Tomato Quiche


I love summertime tomatoes and I love quiche.  So, trying out this recipe was a no-brainer.  It was soooooo yummy, and so versatile.  The recipe provides a perfect egg-cream-cheese base that could work with a variety of vegetables and/ or meats, depending on your mood and the season.

I decided to make my own dough for the crust (first time ever!), but wasn't 100 percent pleased with the way it turned out, so I'll have to keep trying on that front.  I would suggest just purchasing a pre-made dough and saving yourself some time :)

Cherry Tomato Quiche
4 large eggs
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. low-fat, part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes


In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream first.  Then add the ricotta, Parmesan, basil, and pepper to taste.  Mix everything together well.


Pour the egg mix into the pie crust.  Drop the tomatoes into the egg mix--you can add as many or as few as you like.


Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  You can serve the quiche hot or cold.  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment