About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, August 26, 2011

German Potato Salad


I just got an email from my husband asking why I haven't blogged in two days.  Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about everyone.  Things have just been a little hectic around here.  I just got back from my trip back home to VA two days ago and now I'm packing again.  That's right.  Brad and I happen to live in the Zone A evacuation zone in NYC.  So, out we go.  Thanks Irene.

Since most of us on the east coast are going to be spending the weekend inside, here's a recipe that will warm your belly while you wait out the storm.  If you're lucky enough to be far far away from the wrath of Irene, this would be a great recipe to make and take to picnic.  Outside.  In the sun.  Yes, I'm a little bit a lot jealous.

German Potato Salad
1 lb. small white potatoes, halved
1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. chopped pancetta
1 onion, diced
1/2 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar

Put the potatoes in a large pot, over completely with water, add salt and bring the potatoes to a boil.  Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.  The potatoes should be fork tender.  Drain the water and set the potatoes aside.


Add the olive oil to a saute pan at medium heat.  Add the pancetta and cook until brown.  Add the onion and saute with the pancetta until soft and translucent.


Add the onion/ pancetta mixture to the potatoes.  Heat the potatoes over medium-low heat.  Add the chicken stock and apple cider vinegar, put the lid on the pot, and cook for about 5 minutes longer or until the potatoes have absorbed the stock and vinegar.



Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment