About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, November 28, 2011

"Thanksgiving for Two" Reveal

Our "Thanksgiving for Two" was a huge success, if I do say so myself!  We (and by "we" I mean Mack and me) got up early up early in hopes of watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live with a warm cup of coffee, only to find out that the parade plays on delay over here on the west coast.  I guess that makes sense, right?  Next time I'll check the TV guide before I wake up at 6am for something :)  Oh well.  I still enjoyed my cup of coffee and an EARLY morning walk with Mack before getting our table ready and finishing cooking.

The turkey was definitely the highlight of the meal (oh, and B's apple pie, too).  SO GOOD.  I got a fresh, Kosher young turkey this year from Trader Joe's.  Did you know that Kosher turkeys come already brined?  So, I didn't have to do anything except add a little herb butter before tossing it in the oven.  Such a good choice.  If you have a TJ's near you, get your next turkey there.  B and I both agreed this was one of the best turkey's we had ever eaten.

Overall, our Thanksgiving can be summed up in two words: FOOD and FOOTBALL.  That's all we did ALL DAY LONG.  Oh, and nap a little.  

Here are some pictures from our feast!  Click here to see what we made.









No comments:

Post a Comment