About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Creamy Turkey Salad

My mom used to make turkey salad every year after Thanksgiving with the leftover turkey once we all got tired of eating it with just the sides.  Since I cooked a 13 pound turkey for just two people this year (it's the smallest turkey, I could find. I swear), and we are turkey-sandwiched out, I decided to  create my own version of mom's annual turkey salad.

The great thing about the recipe is that you can adjust/ add/ subtract/ change any of the ingredients to fit your own palate.  The measurements below are rough estimates because I really just eyeballed amounts and tasted as I went along until I came up with something delicious.

If you're already out of turkey (lucky you!), obviously you can always use chicken!



Creamy Turkey Salad


2 c. leftover turkey, diced
2 celery hearts, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 small shallot, diced
1/4 c. light mayonnaise
1 tbsp. low-fat sour cream
1 tsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
fresh lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix everything together.  It really doesn't get much easier than that, right?

I've been eating the salad with sesame melba crackers, and B made lettuce wraps with his turkey salad yesterday.  The possibilities are endless.  Now, I'm actually kinda sad the turkey is running out!

*This post is linked up with Tasty Tuesdays over at Alissa's blog 33 Shades of Green.  Go check it out for more great recipes!

1 comment: