About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Five: Christmas Crush List

I should start out by saying that my husband is a VERY good gift giver.  So this list is probably unnecessary.  In fact, he'll most likely resent it.  And, I really do enjoying giving as much if not more than I do receiving at Christmas.  But, in my shopping for others I have come across some things I wouldn't mind opening up on Christmas morning :)

Here are some of my Christmas crushes:

Lodge 12" Skillet
Cast Iron Skillet

Perhaps I could cook more like the pioneer woman if I had one of these. I'm convinced it's her secret weapon.
Minnetonka® Kilty Suede Moccasins
Minnetonka Kilty Suede Moccasins
Maybe these would help me stop wearing my Toms everywhere. They are disgustingly inappropriate (and, starting to smell, might I add.)


Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

I got a sample of this in my Birchbox this month and instantly fell in love. i love the faint scent of citrus it gives off.

Michael Kors MK5128 Womens Rose Gold Chronograph Watch
Michael Kors Runway Watch

Rose gold. I'm in love.


Make the Bread, Buy the Butter: Why You Should and Shouldn't Cook from Scratch  by Jennifer Reese

I first read about this book in an airplane magazine months and months ago, believe it or not, and I was so fascinated that the first thing I did when I got off the plane was to head to the bookstore to purchase a copy.  I quickly found out that the book hadn't even come out yet!  What a tease.  Well, now the book is out, and I can't wait to devour it cover to cover.  

What are some of your Christmas crushes??




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda - You won my Shabby Apple dress giveaway! Congrats. Could you email me at 33shadesofgreen(at)gmail.com so I can get your information.

    Love your Christmas list - I have a cast iron skillet on my list too!

    ReplyDelete