About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


There is so much that I'm thankful today, but what I'm most thankful for at the moment is the invention of the telephone.  Since B and I are spending Thanksgiving without our families this year, the telephone is our way that we can still spend some of the holiday with them.  So, thank you Alexander Graham Bell, for bringing me one step closer those I love!


That being said, the turkey is cooking in the oven and all the sides are ready to go.  But in the meantime, I wanted to share with you a poem I found earlier this week here.  I think it beautifully sums up this season of thanks and giving.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment