About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Easy Roasted Summer Squash



Not only is roasting summer squash an easy summertime side dish, it's delicious.  I served these roasted squash rounds along side seared halibut with lemon butter, but it would go great with any protein.  And, it only takes 20 minutes to cook. Simple, healthy and perfect for this time of year {especially, if you have some squash growing in your garden!}.

Easy Roasted Summer Squash

2 large zucchini, sliced into half-inch rounds
2 large yellow squash, sliced into half-inch rounds
extra virgin olive oil
salt
lemon pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

On a large baking dish arrange the summer squash so that they are all lying flat.  Drizzle with the olive, and sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper to taste.  {I didn't really measure anything out here, I just went with what looked and felt right.}

Using your hands, toss the summer squash so that the olive oil, salt and pepper coat both sides of each squash piece.

Place the pan in the oven, and allow the squash to cook for 20 minutes.  Now you have time to cook the rest of the meal while your summer squash is in the oven roasting away!  See I told you it was easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment