About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Easiest Mac 'n Cheese You'll Ever Make


One of my biggest "cravings" during pregnancy was macaroni and cheese.  I could have probably eaten it for every meal.  So when I came across a pin on Pinterest the other day for "Revolutionary Mac 'n Cheese," I pinned it right away, and promised myself I would make it for lunch sometime soon.

Well, I made finally made it a few weeks ago, and I'm now a believer.  What makes this macaroni and cheese so special is that you boil the noodles right in the milk, so there is no straining needed.  Plus there are only 3 ingredients: noodles, milk and cheese {plus a little salt, but that doesn't count}.

I made a large single-sized portion, but double this recipe and you have an easy and quick side dish.  You'll want to serve the macaroni and cheese right away, and feel free to add more milk if you like your mac 'n cheese on the thinner side.

The Easiest Mac 'n Cheese You'll Ever Make

1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup elbow noodles
1/2 cup cheese of your choice {I used cheddar}
1/4 tsp. salt

In a small sauce pan, bring the milk to a boil.  Add the noodles, and reduce the heat to medium.  Keep an eye on the noodles the entire time they are cooking, and stir frequently.  You may need to reduce the heat slightly to give the noodles a chance to cook, depending on how hot your stovetop gets.  Once the noodles are cooked to al dente, add the cheese and stir.  Serve immediately.


Next time I'm going to try using a different cheese and adding a dash of cayenne pepper! Yummm.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this and it is delicious! I even pinned it on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete