About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zoo Day

A couple of weeks ago, my best friend Jess and her husband Steve were in San Diego for a conference that Jess was presenting at, and since San Diego is only a couple of hours away, we couldn't miss the chance to spend a day with them while they were here.

We had SUCH. A. FUN. DAY.  I wish we could do it more often {sigh}.

We began our day at the San Diego Zoo, which by the way, is one of the most amazing zoos I've ever been too.  Or maybe I just spent to many days at the Bronx Zoo as a NYC school teacher, who knows.  Either way, I was impressed.  The zoo is well laid out, immaculately clean, lush and green, and has a huge variety of amazing animals {including pandas!!}.  They also have tons of restaurants in the zoo, of the fast food and sit down variety, where you can get a snack or grab some lunch.

Here a few shots from our day...








After the zoo, we headed over to Coronado Island to have a drink at the famous Hotel del Coronado {for all you Disney lovers, this is the hotel that the Grand Floridan is modeled after} while watching the sunset.





And, we ended the day with delicious Mexican food from Miguel's Cocina.  The perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment