About Me

I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where I also attended college and met the love of my life. I lived in NYC for five years with my husband and Westie, Mack Brown before recently moving all the way across the country to Los Angeles. I'm an amateur chef, total foodie, lover of Westies, sports fanatic and self-proclaimed book worm. You'll find a little bit of all these things I love on this blog. And...most importantly, I'm a new mom to the most precious baby boy, Austn Robert, born this past October.

Amanda

Amanda

Brad

Brad

Austin Robert

Austin Robert

Mack Brown

Mack Brown

Monday, September 19, 2011

And So It Begins...


If you haven't yet heard, B and I are moving to L.A. in October.  This move has definitely been a long time coming, so it's hard to believe that the time has almost arrived.  Last week, however, reality, finally began to set in. My mom came to visit for the week and helped me pack up literally EVERYTHING in the apartment.  She is a packing machine!  Yes, we will be spending the next few weeks with our lives in boxes, but it is so worth it.  Now, we can enjoy the time we have left in NYC without having to worry about packing.  B and I could not be more grateful.  Thank again, Mom!  You're the best.




This weekend was also the start of the many "goodbye" dinners that we have planned with friends and family over the next couple weeks.  Saturday night we went up Roberto's on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx to have dinner with B's parents, his sister Courtney, and his Uncle Richie and Aunt Lillian.  We had such a great time spending time with some of the Haugen clan.  

And, last night B and I went to dinner with our friends Lindsay and Dan at Babbo.  We've heard so much about this restaurant, and wanted to try it before moving away.  And, boy, am I glad we did.  Babbo did not disappoint.  I truly had the best meal I have ever eaten in NYC, which is saying a lot because this is a city with a lot of really great food.  We all got the pasta tasting menu with wine pairings.  So. Good. If you're looking for a great place to try next time you want to treat yourselves in the city, go to Babbo.  But, word to the wise...plan ahead.  We had to make a reservation more than a month ahead of time.  So worth it, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment